In addition to everything tied to well drilling, Fideldy Bros Well Drilling provides season preparation services for area cabins. We can do as
much or as little as you need to prepare your northern Minnesota cabin for the upcoming season to fit your schedule.
In the spring we will start up your cabin:
- Turn on the water main
- Check the pump and all well related machinery to make sure it is in good working order
- Check for any leaks in the pipes and throughout the water system
- Fix any damage incurred in the system over the winter.
When to open a cabin is dependent upon the weather being experienced. Once the overnight temperatures are consistently in the 40s and above cabins can be opened because you would not be concerned about pipes freezing overnight. Just give us a call to set up a time when you need your cabin opened whether it is for the Minnesota fishing opener, Memorial Day, or the 4th of July.
In the fall we will close your cabin:
- Drain the water out of all your pipes and shut down any pumps or well system you might have.
- Blow out the system to ensure that there is no water trapped in the lines.
- Check to make sure all toilets, dishwashers, and any other plumbing fixture is empty of water.
- Shut off the water main
This will enable the property to be unheated to the frigid cold winter months without the worry of burst pipes or damage to any plumbing fixture. While we can close your cabin any time you request it, cabins can stay open until the hard freeze hits – many times through the Minnesota hunting season.